...

.114 South  Talbot Road
.St Michaels, Maryland      ( Talbot County )
..................................................................................................................................................
...
STILL looking for a picture of the Marada to post.
   The Marada Theatre opened in 1920,  located in a brick store building at the intersection of Talbot and an alley , on a site that is now occupied by the Acme Store.  Known in local advertisements as " The Best Theatre in Talbot County ", the theatre showed silent films in the early years and converted around the  1930's to " talkies " . In the 1940's and into the 1950's, the Shine Circuit operated the theatre. By 1961, the theatre had closed and the building was torn down.

..The Marada Theatre was the only movie theatre for St Michaels -  It seated 200, but one year it was reported to be  510, likely a typo .

       Information from " Historic St Michael's - An Architectural History " by Elizabeth Hughes , published in 1996.  Thanks also to Jean Weisman for pointing us in the right direction.

References :
Film Daily Yearbook     1926    Seated 300 - opened 3 days a week
Film Daily Yearbook     1927    Seated ---
Film Daily Yearbook     1928    Seated ---
..